Friday, May 23, 2008

Sticky!

Ok Peeps! No matter how much you bathe or wash your hands, you are always sticky! Eww.. On another note, I took the bus for the first time by myself today. Let me tell you that was an accomplishment. jái un peur! I was afraid. I could not get off quickly enough so i got off the next time the bus stopped. i burnt in the sun but I wear a wrap and 45 sunblock. uh- could someone have told me to chop my hair off? shame

Anyway- so today is holy day and each friday the peeps across the street have a sing along type thing. the men gather and sing along to a big huge loud machine that spurts out muslim chants like the ones from the mosques. However, it actually sounds really awesome. The men wear beautifully colored robes with matching hats and the women get all dressed up. Elles tres jolies! They are very pretty.

Tomorrow I will help with the little girl´s bday party of the fam I live with. Of course it will all be in French and Dutch mais cést la vie maintenent! THen we will go to the family restaurant for dinner. Sunday I am meeting a Columbia colleague to venture to the markets and city center together.

Today I sat in on the UNAIDS staff meeting so that was quite cool. Only thing is it was all in French so I did not get all of it. LOL

So I think I will go lie down and let some more sweat drip down my face as i try and fall asleep (yeah right).

Bonne Nuit!

Gabrielle

No comments: