Well, well my friends. Dakar is a strange place indeed. So many feelings, emotions, thoughts....Currently there is no water. ´Its Africa` they say. `Can you tell me when we might have some?`....who knows. Unfortunately, it has come at a very inopportunistic time you see. My stomach problems have begun.
I knew I had been to Africa before but nothing is like Dakar. The heat is already very intense and they say it is nothing compared to what it will be like. The mindset here is one that seems impossible to get your mind around-even for people who have lived here for years and years.
There are so many con-artists- and I mean professionals. I havent fallen prey yet but have heard from others. I am learning that many foreigners do not have a circle of friends here. The truth is that it is very hard to trust people. On the other hand I was happy when a local woman in her boubou (traditional African woman´s dress and hat) came up to me on my walk home and smiled. She said she sees me walking all the time. She wanted to say hello and welcome me I think because some of it was in Wolof. Anyway-it made me feel so nice.
Well-I will write more later as I just want to go sit under the fan.
Inshallah-
Gabrielle
No comments:
Post a Comment