This morning I am peaceful and was so thankful for the little bit of cold water to wash my face with. Honestly, just trying to adjust to life here. You begin to truly appreciate the small things like a bananna or a mango! Perhaps I am a bit too peaceful as I am in dire need of a decent coffee!
Work is going quite well since yesterday. I got a computer yesterday and you can imagine how happy I was!!!!! So I am working on creating a report of the West and Central Africa regions Global Fund progress that will be presented at the regional meeting here in mid July. I have been able to talk a bit more to my colleagues here to get an idea of how things work here.
When people hear I am from NY they think that is quite cool. So it turns out my supervisor is quite an amazing person. He lived in Rwanda during the genocide, after the genocide and in Darfur during some of the war there. He told me about being lost for a month after running from the rebels and he ate mangoes and drank palm wine from the trees. Wow!
Well I will write more later as I must get back to work.
Gabrielle
No comments:
Post a Comment